Dermal Filler Certification – Ireland (Dublin)
- We can train anyone. It’s really the insurance companies who make the rules as to what the eligibility criteria is as it’s them who will offer insurance to practitioners following training. For “non-medics’ we highly recommend speaking with Cathedral about insurance requirements before making an enquiry with us. Contact them as follows: CATHEDRAL ASSOCIATES LONDON LIMITED / TEL: 01892 601198 / 601199 / Email:- [email protected] Please let us know if there is a problem obtaining a quote from the insurers or an issue with their customer service at [email protected]
- As a rule of thumb, they do typically accept the following groups: Beauty Therapists with an NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy // CIBTAC // CIDESCO; Dental Hygienists & Dental Therapists; Pharmacists; Paramedics; Dental Nurses (there is an additional course to be completed before our course ‘ read about it here. It’s currenly £270); Certain other individuals ‘ if you aren’t sure, best to check with one (or both) of the insurers above. Good luck, and hopefully we’ll meet you soon!
Price for the 10th September / 22nd October 2018 courses:
€1,500 +VAT (€1800)
What is Covered On This Course?
Firstly, yes, we cover lips in-depth.
The syllabus for the online elements of this course can be found below. Note that this course consists of 2 days of training. One consists of online study modules which contain videos, some reading material and online tests. The second day consists of a morning of practical assessments and an afternoon of treating real patients in a small group, limited to a maximum of 8 trainees.
‘Foundation’ dermal filler treatments include nasolabial folds, marionette lines, lip enhancement. ‘Advanced’ dermal filler treatments include fine lines, dynamic lines (lines present more on movement), frown lines, lipstick lines & cheek augmentation (zygoma).
Practical sessions will involve every member of the group having a go at each treatment in a rotation under the close supervision of a trainer. It is anticipated that delegates will have a chance to treat all “basic’ treatments for two models and most of the advanced treatments for 1 model. The models vary from course to course so on occasion it is not possible to treat every advanced area- however, if this occurs a thorough explanation of the treatment will be provided. It is important to note that delegates will learn skills which will be applicable to many different areas of the face. ALL candidates report feeling confident to begin injecting independently following the course- however it is strongly advised that delegates begin doing so within one month of completion to consolidate their skills.
2 Day Visage Aesthetics Course Format
Day 1 – Online and Self Directed Learning
Foundation online modules with online tests.
Compulsory for everyone in order to achieve certification. Modules will include:
- Facial anatomy and physiology
- A history of facial filler and currently available products
- Filler techniques (bolus, linear injection, cross-hatching)
- Lip filler
- How to pass your assessment – Filler
Advanced Online Modules with Online Tests.
Compulsory for non-medics, voluntary for medics or non-medics who have previously qualified prior to the new guidelines. Modules will include:
- Dermal filler related complications part 1 (Skin ischaemia and blindness)
- Dermal filler related complications part 2 (infection)
- Dermal filler related complications part 3 (dissolving lumps)
- Cheek Augmentation using Dermal Filler
- Advanced lips filler (correcting asymmetry, fixing mistakes)
Day 2 – Face-to-face in Dublin
Assessment of Foundation-level & Advanced-level practical & communication skills using mannequins (3 Foundation-level filler cases & 3 Advanced-level filler cases) in the morning followed by an afternoon small group teaching session with real patients in a simulated clinic. In the afternoon, trainees will receive additional assessment and feedback on their practical skills, but in a more group-orientated and informal manner than the morning session.
The assessments (both formal and informal) will form part of the trainee’s self-managed log-book. As part of the new guidelines, trainees are expected to observe 10 filler treatments then be observed performing 10 filler treatments. Our face-to-face assessments using mannequins will allow trainees the opportunity to record their first cases in their log-book and the afternoon session should allow further opportunities for logging cases. This can be done either using our e-portfolio (found at www.cosmeticappraisal.com) or simply with pen and paper.
Any questions contact: [email protected]