To book select one of the dates below:
This course is a comprehensive, insurance-company approved, certification course for non-medics in the use of anti-wrinkle and filler treatments. The lead trainer, Dr Michael Aicken, has over 13 years experience in medical aesthetics.
*Due to number restrictions due to COVID-19, this course will have a maximum of 4 trainees and will be condensed into 2 days online and one day of intense small-group face-to-face training (instead of 2-days face-to-face training with a larger group).
What’s included with this course?
- One day of small-group face-to-face assessments & training (worth £2,000)
- 1 year’s access to the following online courses:
- Foundation Course in the use of Anti Wrinkle Injections & Hyaluronic Acid (Dermal Filler) (worth £240)
- Advanced Anti-wrinkle & Dermal Filler Treatments (worth £240)
- Complications Management relating to the use of Anti Wrinkle Injections & Hyaluronic Acid Gel for Aesthetics (worth £240)
- Starting An Aesthetics Business (worth £240)
- Anaphylaxis – Recognition and Treatment for Aesthetic Practitioners (worth £240)
- Teaching on business setup (worth £500+)
- 10 Consultation trial of Flourish Aesthetics Record Keeping Software (worth £46.80 on most popular package)
- 10% off first Dermal Revolution order up to 20 x 1ml (worth £200)
- Unlimited email support from your trainer, Dr Michael Aicken, for anything from clinic setup to the management of complications and the provision of a ‘second opinion’ on aesthetic consultations (worth £2,000+)
TOTAL VALUE – £5,946
By making this course payment, I confirm that I have read and understand the cancellation policy and eligibility criteria.
Booking Your Course
We use PayPal for all of our payments for your security.
If you would rather pay your course fee split over 2 months we are pleased to be able to offer 0% interest on our payment plan. Please email email@example.com to arrange.
Course fee: £3,000 (inc. VAT) split into 2 equal, 0% interest payments of £1,500 1 month apart.
All course fees must be paid before attending the course.
By paying your first instalment you are accepting that you have checked and meet the eligibility criteria in the section above and cancellation policy below – so please look over these carefully and if you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s really the insurance companies who make the rules for eligibility criteria as they offer insurance to practitioners following training. We highly recommend speaking with Cathedral or Insync about insurance requirements before making an enquiry with us.
Full refund minus £50 administration fee if 21 days notice given. Group bookings provide discounts for each member of the group. If one person cancels their refund will therefore be reduced to offset the discount already given to other group members. Note also that we cannot refund any credit card fees paid by you during the payment. Please also note that if, for any reason, you decide that you would like to move your booking to a later date after making your course payment, this will be considered as a cancellation and re-booking, so the cancellation fee plus any other associated fees may apply. *Additional COVID-19 cancellation policy. If you pay your course fee and subsequently a COVID-19-related government restriction leads to this course being postponed, you will be offered three alternative course dates. If you choose not to accept any of these alternative course dates (excluding any that themselves become postponed due to COVID-19-related government restrictions), this will be considered a cancellation on your part, and the above policy will apply. If you accept an alternative course date in writing and then choose to cancel your space, the course date, for the purposes of this policy, will be the date that has last been confirmed in writing. This still stands true, even if you confirm the alternative course date within 21 days of it taking place.
Treatment Areas Covered on This Course
Across the 2 days of face-to-face training we aim to cover:
- Toxin to forehead, frown lines and crows feet 3 times
- Toxin to mouth corners, lipstick lines, bunny lines, masseters, underarms all either on mannequin or on a real-life model, depending on availability of models / time available on the day
- Filler to lips (3 times minimum), nasolabial folds, marionettes, fine lines
- Filler to frown lines, lipstick lines, zygomatic arch (cheeks) depending on availability of models / time available on the day
- Tear trough filler as a demo / jawline filler as a demo, depending on model suitability and time available on the day
Days 1 & 2 – Online and Self Directed Learning
Foundation online modules with online tests.
Compulsory for everyone in order to achieve certification. Modules will include:
- Facial anatomy and physiology
- The Anti-wrinkle Toxin consultation
- Preparing the face for injections with Anti-wrinkle Toxin
- Anti-wrinkle Toxin injection technique
- A history of facial filler and currently available products
- Filler techniques (bolus, linear injection, cross-hatching)
- Lip filler
- How to pass your assessment – Anti-wrinkle Toxin
- How to pass your assessment – Filler
Advanced Online Modules with Online Tests.
Compulsory for non-medics, voluntary for medics or non-medics who have previously qualified prior to the new guidelines. Modules will include:
- Dermal filler related complications part 1 (Skin ischaemia and blindness)
- Dermal filler related complications part 2 (infection)
- Dermal filler related complications part 3 (dissolving lumps)
- Cheek Augmentation using Dermal Filler
- Advanced lips filler (correcting asymmetry, fixing mistakes)
- Anti-wrinkle Toxin complications and follow-ups
- Advanced Anti-wrinkle Toxin treatments (bunny lines, poppy chin, depressor oris angularis, lipstick lines, lower extended crows feet)
Days 3 & 4 – Face-to-face in London
Foundation (Day 1 in London)
Assessment of foundation-level practical skills using mannequins (3 Anti-wrinkle Toxin cases and 3 filler cases) in the morning followed by an afternoon small group teaching session with real patients in a simulated clinic with an emphasis on foundation skills. In the afternoon, trainees will receive additional assessment and feedback on their practical skills, but in a more group-orientated and informal manner than the morning session.
Advanced (Day 2 in London)
Assessment of advanced-level skills using mannequins (3 Anti-wrinkle Toxin cases and 3 filler cases) in the morning followed by an afternoon small group teaching session with real patients in a simulated clinic- with an emphasis on more advanced skills. In the afternoon, trainees will receive additional assessment and feedback on their practical skills, but in a more group-orientated and informal manner than the morning session.
The assessments (both formal and informal) will form part of the trainee’s self-managed log-book. As part of the new guidelines, trainees are expected to observe 10 Anti-wrinkle Toxin and 10 filler treatments then be observed performing 10 Anti-wrinkle Toxin and 10 filler treatments. Our face-to-face assessments using mannequins will allow trainees the opportunity to record their first cases in their log-book and the afternoon session should allow further opportunities for logging cases. This can be done either using our e-portfolio (www.cosmeticappraisal.com) or simply with pen and paper.
Any questions contact: email@example.com
Disclaimer: please check with your insurance company before booking onto our course. Although we have good relations with all of the major insurance companies, the decision whether or not to provide indemnity cover for you post-training is outside of our control and the rationale for providing or not providing cover does change from time-to-time without warning.
It’s really the insurance companies who make the rules as to what the eligibility criteria is as it’s them who will offer insurance to practitioners following training. We highly recommend speaking with Cathedral or Insync about insurance requirements before making an enquiry with us. Contact them as follows:
Insync: Click on the logo for a quote. Note that Insync will insure medics and also non-medics with an NVQ level 3 OR 6 months experience providing SPMU or Microblading.
Please let us know if there is a problem obtaining a quote from the insurers or an issue with their customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
As a rule of thumb, they do typically accept the following groups:
- Beauty Therapists with an NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy // CIBTAC // CIDESCO, Dental Hygienists, Dental Therapists, Pharmacists, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Dental Nurses (there is an additional course to be completed before our course – read about it here. It’s currently £270)
- Certain other individuals – if you aren’t sure, best to check with one (or both) of the insurers above. Good luck, and hopefully we’ll meet you soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does prescribing work after I’m trained if I’m a non-medic?
A: You’ll need a prescriber for Anti-wrinkle Toxin but not for dermal filler. The rules are different because Anti-wrinkle Toxin is a MEDICINE whereas filler is a MEDICAL DEVICE. We recommend that you ask any doctors, dentists or nurse practitioners in your area to be your prescriber. If they would like advice on how to prescribe Anti-wrinkle Toxin, ask them to email us on email@example.com. If you do not already have a personal connection to one of these, let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org – don’t forget to tell us the city / town you intend to practice in. It is possible that we can connect you to a prescriber in that area but is not guaranteed. The prescriber must see each patient face-to-face (video and phone calls are not enough unfortunately) before they can prescribe Anti-wrinkle Toxin for them. Typically this will involve the patient paying a fee upfront to the prescriber for the consultation (approximately £30-50) and the practitioner then paying the prescriber an agreed fee / vial or prescription of Anti-wrinkle Toxin (approximately £2-5 per area of Anti-wrinkle Toxin).
Q: What treatments are covered on the course?
A: Anti-wrinkle Toxin and fillers on the face. You can see what areas are covered here.
Training for ‘Non-Medics’
‘Non-medics’ is a label given to those eligible to train in anti-wrinkle injections & dermal filler which includes Beauty Therapists (with NVQ level 3), Dental Hygienists and Therapists, Physiotherapists, Chiropractors, Pharmacists, Paramedics and Operating Department Practitioners. The ‘non-medic’ label just means ‘not a doctor, dentist or nurse’.
In line with new government recommendations and recommendations of some insurance companies, we’ve decided to make some changes to our course structure in order to improve the quality of training and give opportunities for those who have attended a previous course (either with us or elsewhere) to receive further training which includes both assessment and mentoring.
‘Non-medics’ will now need to complete a four day training course in order to qualify for certification. We have trained lots of Dentists, Doctors and Nurses (collectively referred to as ‘medics’) in London too.
I have really enjoyed the videos today. So much more in depth information than a previous course I took lacked, I feel I know so much more now and it’s a really good way to take in information, being able to pause the video and write everything down or re-watch something when I didn’t understand the first time. Really appreciate this learning tool.Alexa Tyler-Scott (Aesthetician)
Hi Mike,Louise Fitzpatrick, Aesthetica Medi-Spa (Clinical Director)
Just wanted to say, I’m now almost 20% through & really enjoying your videos!
I’m finding the quizzes easy and mainly due to your really simple deliverance. You’re making every step very easy to understand & if I’m not 100% it’s fantastic that I can rewind and replay until I’ve grasped every single concept.
You’re not blinding us with technical terms… must get back to the next video now!
Thank you. So glad I found you!
Thank you for organising the fantastic course and answering all our questions. And thank you for sending this detailed [post-course debrief] email.Dr Mohamed Baba (Ophthalmology ST2)